Universal Fighting System France
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Universal Fighting System France

Discussions, Stratégies, Decks, Combos, Règles, Tournois; toute l'actualité française d'UFS

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-20% sur le Lot de 2 écrans PC GIGABYTE 27″ LED M27Q
429 € 539 €
Voir le deal

La FAQ (en VO)

AuteurMessage
Mika
Dieu de la Baston
Mika

La FAQ (en VO) Empty
MessageSujet: La FAQ (en VO)   La FAQ (en VO) Icon_minitimeLun 12 Juin - 14:52

Card Corrections
Guile *** (SF1P #4) the second ability should read, “E Commit: Your Attack gets +1 damage.”

General
Are we allowed to have multiple characters' cards in our decks (i.e. Taki and Chun Li in one deck) and can we only have one character in the staging area for the whole game or can we switch out?

You are allowed to have whatever character cards you like in your deck. At the beginning of the game you select a character card from your deck to be who you're playing.

From that point on, you may use any character card for its block or for its control roll, but only additional versions of the character card you start the game with may be played to gain additional resources and abilities.

In matches of best 2 of 3, are we allowed to switch the character card between rounds if our deck supports multiple characters' cards (i.e. if I play Taki the first game and lose could I switch to Chun Li the second game if I think she stands a better chance against their deck)?

Yes - in best 2 of 3 matches you could play Taki in the first match and then pull Chun-Li for the second. However, as was mentioned earlier, that mean you'll have to be careful with the cards in your deck as some may become unplayable when you have the other character out.

Is it the case that (in general) cards enter the card pool in the "ready" state? Can Foundations in the card pool be committed immediately?

Cards in your card pool are ready since they are straight up and down. You can only commit foundations that are in your staging area to make failed control checks successful and you can only play abilities from assets and foundations that are in your staging area.

Some cards refer to tokens, what are they?

Tokens are basically a method of keeping track of variables across turns. You can use pennies, pieces of paper, a die - whatever device you'd like, its there to show everyone how many tokens are on the card. For 7-Iron, when you put it into your pool, but before you make the control check, choose a number. Put that many tokens on 7-iron and then make a control check where the difficulty is the number of tokens on 7-iron (plus 1 for each other card in your card pool).

Do responses occur before the triggering even if complete or after? And if lets say, player a and b wish to respond to an action of player a's, who goes first?

Once the reaction trigger happens (for our example "After a card has been played to the card pool), then the player whose turn it is (we'll say player A) gets the first Response, and you resolve it.

If he has no response, then Player B gets to play theirs and resolve it.

Both players continue to play R's to the given trigger window until both players pass in succession.

Can multiple responds be played to the same trigger by the same person?

Yes, if multiple copies of the same R in the stage area or hand, they can be played in reaction to the same trigger, one at a time.

Suppose I block an attack using an attack card. After the block, I play Senretsukyaku as a reversal. Does the attack used as a block count as an attack even though it wasn't played as an attack?

When you are playing a card, even if as a block or reversal or what have you, that card is still of whatever card type it is regardless of what it is currently being used for.

On the downloadable demo decks the cards are called Beginner's Luck and Quick Elbow, while the demo decks that I received in the mail the cards are called Green and Jab. I assume these would be considered the same card and subject to the 4 per deck rule.

Correct - these name changes went through after the demo decks had been sent to the printers. We updated the pdfs with the correct card names.

Control Checks
Does one make a control check anytime one tries to use an ability from a card, or only when playing new cards from one's hand? For example, does using the response from a card already in the staging area require a control check, or does it automatically succeed?

You make a control check when you are attempting to play a card. To play an ability on a card all you have to do is pay the cost of that ability.

If I fail the control check for a block am I still allowed to commit foundations to help it pass? (I ask this because the rules state that once a block is failed it is _immediately_ discarded, and that may imply you do not have the chance to make it pass)

Yes, you may commit foundations whenever you are trying to pass a control check.

Attacks
What happens when you remove an opponent's attack card from their attack pool during the E step? Does the attack still happen?

If the attack is discarded (removed) from the cardpool from the effect of an 'E', then the E phase ends, and since there is no attack to resolve - you don't block or take damage.

Foundations
Are Foundations played as Forms with no immediate effect, with one only being able to make use of the printed abilities on the card afterwards?

Yes, foundations are played as forms with no immediate effect and you can start using their abilities once you have brought them into your staging area when you clear your card pool.

A card that has "Commit" as a cost commits itself, but a card that has the cost "Commit 1 Foundation" commits a Foundation instead, without committing the card actually utilizing the ability, correct? Can a Foundation commit itself if it says "Commit 1 Foundation" as the cost (e.g. Chun-Li's "Quick")?

Yes, you may commit the foundation you are playing the ability from to pay; you just do not have too.

A character card may act as a foundation insofar as it may be committed to assist in passing a control check. May the character card ever act as a foundation except in that single case?

You may specifically commit your character card to pay costs that say commit X foundations. If a card says something like destroy a foundation or pick a foundation you would not be able to take a character card.

Abilities
Some Enhance abilities have no cost listed. Am I correct in assuming that those abilities can be used only once per attack? Is this true of all Enhance abilities? Is it likewise true that each Response ability can only be played once per Response trigger?

Each enhance can only be played once per attack. You are also correct about Responses, only once per trigger.

Now if you have multiple copies of an Enhance (multiple foundations with the same enhance) or multiple copies of the Response, you may play each copy once. IE if you have the same E 3 times in your stage area, you may play it 3 times per attack (assuming you can pay all costs)

Do E Abilities have to Enhance an attack card or can they enhance anything?

An enhance ability can effect anything depending upon what it says. You can only play enhances on the attack you have just played and from cards in your staging area after you have played an attack.

Can you play action cards during the enhance sequence? Or do you do that before hand? If you play during the enhance step do you do a control check?

If the action card has a response that is triggered during the enhance step, yes. You put it in your card pool to the right of the current card, and pass the difficulty as normal. If you pass then the response goes off, otherwise the card is discarded. If you fail, your turn continues as normal (responses are the other exception to the fail to play a card turn is over rule, in addition to blocks) Otherwise, most actions will be Forms that you could not play during the enhance step.

Do Copies of an attack made with the Multiple keyword ability have the current values of the attack or the printed values?

The copies made by Multiple copy the Printed Values of the original attack, therefore any adjustments to that attack are not carried over to the copies.

How long to Enhances last on attacks? If I had an ability that like Senjou Shuu that gets a damage bonus if I have a speed 5 or greater attack already in my card pool, would I be able to play this off an attack that I previously enhanced to 5 speed?

All Es affecting the attack last until after damage is dealt or completely blocked. So no, Senjou Shuu’s would not get a damage bonus unless the card had printed speed of 5 or more.

Do the copies of a "Multiple" attack become momentum if they do damage?

No they do not, they are discarded. Here is the line from the rules (it is under the definition of Multiple):

When a player clears their card pool, any momentum cards placed there are discarded.

What counts as a card trait (kick, punch, reversal, etc) being played?

Any card with the trait on it played for any reason, it is still a kick even if you are blocking with it. So if you played a block that also had the kick trait on it, you would still count as playing a kick.

If a card says "E: Your next attack gets -1 difficulty", will my next attack get -1 difficulty even if the card that gave me that ability is no longer in play after 'activated'?

An effect should happen even if the card that created it has been changed or moved in some way. So your attack would still get -1 difficulty even though the card that you played the ability from is no longer in play.

In the same note, if I played the ability "E: Your next attack gets -1 difficulty” and my next attack was an attack played as a Reversal on my opponent’s turn, would it get -1 difficulty?

No effects end at the end of turn, unless otherwise noted by the ability. So your attack played as a Reversal would not get the -1 difficulty because your turn would have ended and the ability would have been stopped because of the end of the turn.

Actions
Regarding reversals is the triggering attack "successfully blocked" regardless of whether the attack was "fully blocked" or only "partially blocked"? i.e. Can one still perform a reversal even if the block only reduced the damage to half damage?

All that matters is that you blocked an attack not the quality of that block.

Is the reversal card itself used for both the block and subsequent attack, or is the reversal an additional card played after the block card? I.e. One blocks with one card, and then plays the reversal card as a separate attack afterwards?

The reversal card is a separate card that you may play from your hand during your opponent's turn after you have played a different card as a block.

Presumably the reversal attack has to have its own control check made in order for it to actually successfully enter play, above and beyond the previously successful block control check?

Yes you must check for your reversal as normal, playing a reversal is just like paying an attack during your turn, except during your opponent's turn after you block.

Do reversals follow the Resource Symbol rule? That is, must your reversal share a resource symbol with the block you played just before the reversal?

Reversals do hold to the resource rules. So if the reversal does not match the symbols on the block (and all other cards currently in your card pool) you cannot play it.

If I pass playing an Enhance during the Enhance step can I still play Enhance abilities if my opponent continues to play more abilities?

Yes you may. Each time your opponent plays an Enhance you get an opportunity to play an Enhance of your own before they can play another; even if you have already passed to playing one before.

Resources
I'm a bit confused about the Resource Symbol rule. I'll use an example to ask my question, making up names for symbols off the top of my head.

Say my first attack has the following resource symbols: Fire, Wind, Justice.
My second attack has the following resource symbols:
Fire, Ugly, Death.
My third attack has the following resource symbols:
Justice, Death, Bureaucracy.

Is this legal? The third attack shares at least one symbol with each of the previous two attacks. Or does the third attack need to share the same symbol that the first two share? Would the third attack need to contain Fire?

From the rules:
"There is one restriction about what cards you can play. When you play a card it must share at least one resource symbol with your character card as well as every card already in your card pool."
-card 1 is legal as long as it shares a symbol with your character
-card 2 is legal since it shares Fire, assuming it also shares a symbol with your character
-card 3 is not legal since it even though shares a symbol with every card, they do not all share the same one.

Any card you play must share at least 1 symbol with your character and every card you have played prior in the turn. In other words they must all share at least 1 symbol between them.

Dernière édition par le Ven 26 Jan - 14:15, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://mikagirls.actifforum.com/index.forum
Mika
Dieu de la Baston
Mika

La FAQ (en VO) Empty
MessageSujet: Suite   La FAQ (en VO) Icon_minitimeLun 12 Juin - 14:52

What are the symbols? what do they mean?

There are 12 symbols that are used in UFS. A certain quasi philosophy accompanies them, takes from many different philosophies in the world. Both Western and Eastern philosophies recognized, at one time or another, the importance of the four elements (Air, Earth, Fire and Water) as well as some fundamental philosophies such as good versus evil and life versus death. The real reason for the use of the symbols is purely game mechanics to tie similarities between characters between properties. We noticed that there are some moves and styles that cross over between games, but to get caught up in using named martial art styles would design us into a corner, as some things just will not line up, considering that some styles are just purely made up. There was a thought that we would simply not name the symbols and let the community as a whole come up with names for these symbols, but alas there is a need for some verbal communication of these symbols as we stretch our mechanics to include targeting and reacting to these symbols. One should not get caught up into trying to interpret these symbols. At the end of the day they are abstract and esoteric and really hold no meaning. While some concepts may be opposites in some cultures, you may find some of those opposite symbols sharing a card. Finally, one should also keep in mind that theses are fundamental concepts that all human civilizations recognize and were chosen because of that reason; there are no hat tips or allusions intended towards other products in the adventure gaming world, whether they be RPG or CCG.

[AIR], a swirling blue and grey vortex = Air, Intelligence, Deliberateness
[ALL], a red circle within a black border = All, Existence, Fullness
[CHAOS], Three red arrows joined at the center = Chaos, Disorder, Instinct
[DEATH], a skull = Death, Destruction, Finality
[EARTH], a mountain on a green field = Earth, Stalwart, Strength
[EVIL], a red three pronged fork on a black field = Evil, Ruthlessness, Villainy
[FIRE], a falling fireball = Fire, Passion, Speed
[GOOD], a gold halo on a blue field = Compassion, Good, Heroism
[LIFE], a plant on a orange field = Beginning, Creation, Life
[ORDER], scales on a brown field = Law, Order, Structure
[VOID], an all black symbol = Emptiness, Space, Void
[WATER], a blue wave on a blue field = Adaptation, Fluidity, Water

Penny Arcade

Why does Gabe's Second Ability, "R Commit, Discard 1 momentum: After an attack you played deals damage, add it to your momentum.", seemingly do absolutely nothing?

You don't add momentum equal to the damage you add the card that you have just dealt damage with to your momentum. By discarding the momentum you get to add the attack you have just played to your momentum immediately getting it out of your card pool, making it easier to play subsequent cards.

It would seem two cards that come in Tycho's deck, Fruit F*&$er and Rare Card, don't share any resource symbols with Tycho himself. Even if I ignore this to play them with the themed Tycho deck, they still share symbols with barely any cards in the deck, so chances are they will be the only cards I can play into the Card Pool. Please tell me that I am missing something obvious here.

You will notice that the symbol rules are not included in the rules that are in the PA BB. We decided to leave these out to make it simpler to learn. You should ignore these rules while playing these theme decks.

On Elaborate Mechanism is the Enhance ability interpreted as 'any' card pool as meaning 'any one' card pool), or is it interpreted as 'any' card pool to mean 'all' card pools?

The ability should be interpreted as: “+1 Damage for each card in any (one) card pool (player’s choice).”

Can Tycho play a reversal after using his ability to block?

Yes. As long as the attack is blocked (partial or complete) then you can play a reversal. Doesn't matter how you blocked it.
Mika
Dieu de la Baston
Mika

La FAQ (en VO) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: La FAQ (en VO)   La FAQ (en VO) Icon_minitimeVen 26 Jan - 14:16

J'éditerai ce post en fonction de l'évolution du jeu
Contenu sponsorisé

La FAQ (en VO) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: La FAQ (en VO)   La FAQ (en VO) Icon_minitime

La FAQ (en VO)
Page 1 sur 1